Friday, July 29, 2011

Sitting here in the hotel room with Mom, it has been a long day! In my last blog I forgot to update about the Derrek Snodgrass Memorial Bass Tournament. O my goodness I am so excited about this. I met with Marlene (her husband Brad worked with Derrek and they fished together, he was also on the trip) for lunch Wednesday and she showed me all that they have got done for the tournament. It is absolutely amazing. I just know Derrek would be SO proud of this fishing tournament in his honor. I can't even begin to explain how it makes my heart feel so good to know that Derrek is so loved and respected that so many people are wiling to donate their time an money into making this a success. I am literally overjoyed. It is another "outlet" for me. It is also such a help to know I am getting Derreks name out there and that he will never be forgotten. Plus all the proceeds go toward the Derrek Trey Snodgrass Memorial Scholarship, so it will be helping out countless high school graduates in the future. I just think Derrek would be so proud of this.

Marlene has so much done already,it is simply amazing. And I believe it was an act of God (and Derrek) the way her and Brad found out that I was wanting to do a tournament. (thanks Derrek for helping me out with this one!)

I have also had several people hit me up about sponsoring the tournament. It just amazes me how generous people are. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people.

I've also had several people tell me how strong I am for being "okay" with a fishing tournament. Fishing didntnsteal my husband. The devil did, and God accepted him into Heaven. I am just thankful that Derrek was doing something he absolutely loved. Of course I wish hewould have never went on the trip, in hopes that he would still be with me. But if that is when God was ready to call him home then I am glad it was while Derrek was having time of his life, doing something he loved. Now--to show my weakness--I don't think I will ever be able to fish again. That is something Derrek and I did together and enjoyed. It just doesn't seem right to do it without him. Nor do I think I will ever get on a boat again. The thought of being on a boat literally makes me sick. I dont think imwill ever be able to get on one again. And I think Derrek would understand why I just can't move on from that; I try to take steps forward everyday but tha is a stepi never want to take.

Well I'm going to get off here, don't have time to write much else, I just to tell how excited I was about this tournament. Until next time, God bless.

Love,
Brook Snodgrass

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brooke,

    You haven't blogged in a while so I hope all is well and the school year is off to a great start for you and Baby Trey! Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete