Thursday, July 28, 2011

Can't believe summer is almost gone...

Wow, I can't believe Zaneis enrolls Monday! and then school starts the next Monday.  Where has the summer gone?!  Tomorrow will be 18 weeks since I last talked to Derrek.  It seems like forever ago, but also like it was just yesterday--hard to make that make sense in words...It seems like just yesterday I felt the worst pain imaginable, but it seems like forever ago since I felt his arms around me. 

Tomorrow I have to take my Mamaw, Mom's mom, to get a ct scan on her back.  we found out last Friday that she has a fracture in a vertebrae.  Then, tomorrow night Mom and I are taking Antaw to Norman to get a sleep study done to see if he has sleep apnea.  Were going to just stay the night in Norman or the city, so it will be nice to just "get away" for a night--even if it is only to Norman. 

My classroom is coming along, just waiting on my new furniture to be delivered and then get everything in it's place.  I am so nervous and excited about teaching this year! <3 If it wasn't for Derrek I would have taken the rest of last semester off, but he was so proud of me for graduating I didn't want to let him down.  He always told me how proud of me he was for getting my degree and doing something that I love.  It felt so nice to know that he was so proud of me--just makes me feel good. 

Also, I recently was told that I am making "stabs" in my blog.  If anyone thinks I am using my blog to make stabs at you then I am truly sorry and that is NOT my intention at all.  I am writing as a way to express my feelings without becoming so emotional, as I would if I had to actually talk about everything I write about. 

Anyways on a brighter note,  yesterday was Trey Mccoy's 4d ultrasound! It was absolutely so amazing! <3 I get to go back next week though because he only cooperated for a little bit and then decided to grab his foot and put it in front of his face.  It was the cutest, and biggest, foot I have ever seen!  He definitely has his Daddy's feet! Super long toes! lol...and it looked like he had his Daddy's lips and his Aunt Courtney's little button nose.  And we got a really cute picture of his ear. Lol, of course I said it was the cutest ear I have ever seen, it was just so tiny and perfect.  I know Derrek was watching from heaven but I wished he was there holding my hand so bad.  He was looking forward to hearing the heartbeat for the first time and the 4d ultrasound so much.  It just doesn't seem fair that he is missing this.  But, Derrek's Granny, Uncle Jimmy, cousin Ashley, Dad, step Mom, step sister Madi, plus Mom, Dad, Courtney, and my friend Lynsie were all there to experience seeing Trey with me.  I am so glad that Derrek and I have such amazing family that are always there for me.  I know I have said it before but I am so glad that I am so close to all of Derrek's family.  They have truly embraced me and supported me so much during all this.  They are so sweet and I am so thankful I have them as in-laws.  Also, my amazing parents, are always there to support me.  My mom is my rock and holds me together.  Derrek loves (I say it in present tense because I know he still does) Mom so much, and loved to aggravate her so much.  They would go back and forth with each other lol.  He also loved to aggravate Courtney.  Them two acted just like brother and sister.  It is so cute how Trey has her nose.  It is absolutely adorable. 

Well I have a busy day tomorrow, better sign off.  Until next time, God Bless.
Love,
Brook Snodgrass

My beautiful little miracle baby.  Trey McCoy Snodgrass


 He has his Daddy's feet! <3




 Our first ultrasound. March 2, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment